WHY CHOOSE TO COMPLETE A PLUMBING COURSE QUALIFICATION?
A Trade qualification is highly sought after today due to the shortage of these skills in South Africa and Internationally. Choosing to obtain a Trade qualification is a valuable Life Choice.
Our qualified Trades persons are able to begin their chosen career path in Grade 9 at the early age of 15, obtaining their Plumbing Qualification along with a Business and Management certificate and Red Seal (equivalent of Matric) in the same time as it would have taken to achieve a matric pass, and are ready to establish their own trade related business with unlimited earning potential, or work overseas as a very sought after trades person.
Students should be ages 15 -19 years old and have completed Grade 9 or equivalent.
After qualifying with this course you will be able to integrate your knowledge, understanding and competencies related to occupational health and safety, National Building Regulations and industry codes of practice to perform a range of plumbing activities.
You will be able to:
Theory & Practical Learning
1. Maintain, install and soil, waste and vent pipe systems
2. Repair, install and maintain sanitary ware appliances
3. Test, install and maintain below ground drainage systems
4. Install, maintain and test cold water supply systems
5. Install, maintain and test hot water supply systems
6. Install, maintain and test Rainwater Systems
7. Monitor the application of safety, health and environmental protection procedures
8. Perform building works
9. Procure resources for construction works
10. Fabricate and install sheet metal components
11. Apply knowledge of statistics and probability to critically interrogate and effectively communicate findings on life related problems
12. Represent, analyse and calculate shape and motion in 2-and 3-dimensional space in different contexts
13. Use mathematics to investigate and monitor the financial aspects of personal, business, national and international issues
14. Interpret and use information from texts
15. Use language and communication in occupational learning programmes
16. Write/present/sign texts for a range of communicative contexts
17. Engage in sustained oral/signed communication and evaluate spoken/signed texts
18. Read/view, analyse and respond to a variety of texts
19. Use language and communication in occupational learning programmes
20. Write/present/sign for a wide range of contexts
21. Apply basic business concepts
22. Accommodate audience and context needs in oral/signed communication
23. Perform specialised fault-finding and repairs to plumbing systems
24. Identify responsibilities of a team leader in ensuring that organisational standards are met
· Apply understanding of the functioning of plumbing systems to install, test and maintain them in a building environment
· Apply fault finding techniques to diagnose and repair installed plumbing systems
· Communicate in verbal and written forms with peers, supervisors and other relevant role players
· Identify and solve problems with practical mathematical applications
· On completion, learners will be able to integrate their knowledge, understanding and competencies related to occupational health and safety, National Building Regulations, and industry codes of practice to perform a range of plumbing activities
Qualified, you will also be able to maintain and support the various policies and procedures related to the safety, health, environment and quality systems that govern your workplace. Furthermore, with the inclusion of the Business and Management qualification, you will be provided the theoretical and practical skills to manage or create your own business.